Fortinet solutions, including the FortiGate firewall platform, are powered by the security services developed by FortiGuard Labs. FortiGuard Labs consists of more than 200 expert researchers and analysts around the world. The researchers work with world class, in-house developed tools and technology to discover and study breaking threats. They then update FortiGuard security services to protect against those threats.
- For Small businesses we recommend the UTM FortiGuard Security Services Bundle
- This traditional UTM security services bundle includes NGFW Application Control and IPS, Web Filtering, AntiVirus, AntiSpam, IP & Domain Reputation.
- For Medium, Mid-Enterprise & Enterprise businesses we recommend the Enterprise FortiGuard Security Services Bundle
- Designed to address today’s advanced threat landscape, the Enterprise Bundle delivers all FortiGuard security services available for the FortiGate including: NGFW Application Control and IPS, Web Filtering, AntiVirus, AntiSpam, IP & Domain Reputation, AntiBotnet, Mobile Security & FortiSandbox Cloud.
- Web Filtering: FortiGuard Web Filtering helps protect your organization by blocking access to malicious, hacked, or inappropriate websites- letting you easily see and control what websites your users are visiting. The web filtering service is available through FortiGate next generation firewall, FortiSandbox, FortiClient, and FortiCache solutions.
- Anti-Virus: FortiGuard Antivirus protects against the latest viruses, spyware, and other content-level threats. FortiGuard Antivirus is available with the FortiClient, FortiGate, FortiSandbox, FortiCache, FortiMail, and FortiWeb solutions.
- AV Comparatives awarded Fortinet its highest award, the Advanced+ rating for file detection and real-world protection.
- Anti-Spam: FortiGuard Antispam (email spam) provides a comprehensive and multi-layered approach to detect and filter spam processed by organizations. Additionally, FortiClient endpoint agents can block spam messages on remote computers and mobile devices.
- Every minute of every day FortiGuard Labs blocks approximately 21,000 spam emails and each week the Labs deliver approximately 46 million new and updated spam rules.
- IPS: FortiGuard IPS protects against the latest network intrusions by detecting and blocking threats before they reach network devices. Our combination of real-time threat intelligence updates and thousands of existing intrusion prevention rules delivers the industry’s best IPS protection.
- Application Control: FortiGuard Application Control enables users to quickly create policies to allow, deny, or restrict access to applications (Facebook, Amazon etc.) or entire categories of applications and keeps malicious and risky applications out of their network. It can be granularly configured so that certain work groups can/can’t access certain apps or features within apps (i.e. Marketing members can post to Facebook but HR members cannot access Facebook at all).
- Unknown Threat Detection (FortiSandbox Cloud): FortiCloud Sandbox Service is an advanced threat detection solution that performs dynamic analysis to identify previously unknown malware & zero-day threat detection and response for the network. FortiGuard Labs has already discovered over 500 Zero Days! The FortiCloud Sandbox Service is available with the FortiGate next-generation firewall, FortiMail secure email gateway, and FortiWeb web application firewall.
- Sandbox: A sandbox is an isolated computing environment in which a program or file can be executed without affecting the application in which it runs.
- Zero-day threat: A zero-day threat is a threat that exploits an unknown computer security vulnerability. This means that there is no known security fix because developers are oblivious to the vulnerability or threat. The name “zero-day” comes from the fact that no patch yet exists to mitigate the vulnerability being exploited. Zero-days are sometimes used in trojan horses, rootkits, viruses, worms and other kinds of malware to help them spread to and infect additional computers.
- Mobile Security: Fortiguard Mobile Service protects mobile devices against the latest malware variants with proactive technologies that are able to block previously unknown threat variants. This reduces the risk of data breach or damage caused by mobile malware with highly effective antivirus protection. It employs industry-leading advanced detection engines to prevent both new and evolving threats from gaining a foothold inside your network and gaining access to its invaluable information.